Graham Cracker Cake
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe Card Details
This recipe card for Graham Cracker Cake is written on the front and back with cursive in a blue fountain type pen.
The handwriting doesn’t appear to be the same as most of the recipes and at this time we do not know who gave the owner this recipe.
We would love for you to join our Facebook group to discuss this recipe and others!!!
[irp posts=”2843″ name=”Where to Buy Recipe Box and Cards”]
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Graham Cracker Cake.
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Graham Cracker Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 1 Overview
This recipe box has an AMAZING back story and we share our story of how we came to own the box (and the sister boxes) and about the family who owned them. Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 1 recipes and to learn more about the history of the recipes and the recipe box.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, and more.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
If you LOVE vintage items, you can also find unique and fun vintage items on Groupon.
[irp posts=”40″ name=”Vintage Recipe Box 1 From Morrow County, Ohio”]
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe
If you make this Graham Cracker Cake recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thoroughly cream shortening and sugar
- Add egg yolks and vanilla
- Beat well
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternatively with graham crackers and milk
- Fold in egg whites
- Bake in 2 wax paper lined 9" layer cake pans in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for 25 minutes
- Put layers together with cream filling
- Frost with caramel frosting
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar
- Slowly stir in milk
- Cook in double boiler for 15 minutes or until thick
- Add a little of the hot mixture to the eggs
- Stir into remaining hot mixture
- Continue to cook 3 minutes
- Add vanilla
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.