Golden Almond Bars
Golden Almond Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Golden Almond Bars.
Golden Almond Bars Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Golden Almond Bars.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Golden Almond Bars was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Golden Almond Bars recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Golden Almond Bars Recipe
If you make this Golden Almond Bars recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oleo, softened (butter)
- 1 cup almonds, ground or finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Great 13" x 9" banking pan
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and butter at low speed until crumbly
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom of prepared pan
- In large bowl beat ground almonds, confectioners sugar, almond extract, and egg whites on highest speed for 4 minutes
- Pour evenly over crumbs
- Combine 1/2 cup reserved crumbs and chopped almonds
- Sprinkle over egg white mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool completely
- Cut into 36 bars