Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake
Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe Card
Front of the recipe card for Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
If you make this Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Germans Sweet Chocolate Pound Cake (VRP 90)
- 1 bar (4 oz.) Baker's German's* Sweet Chocolate
- 2¾ cups sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Grease and flour tube and sides of 10-inch tube pan; line bottom with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate over hot water; cool.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Stir button to soften.
- Add dry ingredients, milk, and vanilla; mix to dampen flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
- Add eggs, yolk, and chocolate.
- Beat 1 minute longer.
- Baking. Bake in moderate oven to (350°F.) about 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing.
- Top with Glaze, if desired. Store covered.
Sweet Chocolate Glaze
- Melt 1 bar Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter. Cool.
- Beat 1 egg white until foamy. Gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons water gradually until of desired consistency.
Friday 15th of October 2021
This is not the original Baker's German sweet chocolate pound cake recipe. I have the original recipe from the wrapper of a Baker's German sweet chocolate bar that was probably printed back in the 1960s. This has too many extraneous ingredients. Example the original recipe does not call for cinnamon and several other items