German Apple Cake
German Apple Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for German Apple Cake
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for German Apple Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this German Apple Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
German Apple Cake Recipe
If you make this German Apple Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package (17-1/2 oz.) Pillsbury German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 cups (1 lb. 5 oz. can) prepared apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- Generously grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine dry cake mix, apple pie filling and eggs.
- Blend and beat as directed on package.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool cake completely.
- Top each serving with sweetened whipped cream spiced with cinnamon.
If mixing by hand, mash fruit first.
High Altitude - 5,200 feet. Prepare recipe above. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes.