Fudgy Almond Bars
Fudgy Almond Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fudgy Almond Bars.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fudgy Almond Bars was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fudgy Almond Bars recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Fudgy Almond Bars Recipe
If you make this Fudgy Almond Bars recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ¾ cup plus ⅓ cup margarine or butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1½ cups unsifted flour
- ½ cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1¼ cups almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixer bowl, beat ¾ cup margarine and sugar until well blended.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Press on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, over low heat, melt remaining ⅓ cup margarine; stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.