Fudge Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fudge Cake.
Fudge Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Fudge Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fudge Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fudge Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Fudge Cake Recipe
If you make this Fudge Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg
- 1 cup sour milk
- ⅓ cup hot water
- Sift flour once, then measure and with soda, baking powder, salt, sift again.
- Cream shortening, add sugar gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla, then well beaten eggs, beat until fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour milk.
- Mix cocoa and hot water to form a smooth paste. Beat into batter.
- Pour into two or three layer pans.
- Bake in moderate oven 350°F, 30 to 35 mins.
- Cool; spread with any chocolate icing.