Fudge Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fudge Cake.
Fudge Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Fudge Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 005
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fudge Cake was with.
Click here to read the history of VRP005 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio and click here to view all the VRP005 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fudge Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Fudge Cake Recipe
If you make this Fudge Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Combine chocolate, milk, egg, and sugar in saucepan
- Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly
- Cool mixture
- Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Sift flour, baking, soda, and salt
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternatively with milk
- Blend in chocolate mixture
- Pour into 2 paper lined 9" round pans
- Bake in moderate oven at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes minimum
- Frost with satin chocolate frosting