Front of Fruit Dumplings recipe card. There is a notation on the front that says “Hutchins” which I am to assume is a friend since I do not recognize it as a publication. Also, there is a notation of “good” for this recipe.
Back of Fruit Dumplings recipe card.
- 1 1/2 cups of canned fruit
- 1 1/2 cups fruit juice (pack water may be used)
- 1/2 cup sugar (if fruit is not sweetened)
- Bring fruit, juice, and sugar to a quick boil.
- Drop dumplings by spoonfulls into boiling fruit juice.
- Cover and keeping boiling quickly for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with or without cream.
- If it is fresh fruit, make a medium syrup of 1 cup sugar and 2 1/2 cups water and use as the fruit juice.
- At this time I do not have a dumpling recipe to use with this vintage recipe.
- #4 under METHOD are words I cannot make out and if you can read them, please comment below so I can update
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fruit Dumplings recipe.
If you make this Fruit Dumplings recipe, please share your photos and comments below!