Front of the Fruit Cocktail Dessert recipe card. The owner notated Bischoff in the upper right hand corner — I wonder if this was a friend of hers as I don’t recognize it as a publication.
Until I started going through the old recipe cards, I would have never thought to bake a fruit cocktail.
Bischoff is in the upper right hand corner
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 303 can fruit cocktail
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Add fruit cocktail juice to other ingredients
- Mix well and pour into 9" x 13" pan.
- Mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped walnut meats and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes in 300 degree oven.
Fruit Cocktail Dessert
- A 303 can hold approximately 2 cups of food by volume and 16 – 17 ounces of food by weight.
- There are ingredients listed in the directions I add to the top part of the recipe to make it easier to follow.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fruit Cocktail Dessert recipe.
If you make this Fruit Cocktail Dessert recipe, please share your photos and comments below!