Fried Stuffed Eggplant
Fried Stuffed Eggplant Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fried Stuffed Eggplant.
Vintage Recipe Box 100
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fried Stuffed Eggplant was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fried Stuffed Eggplant recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Fried Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
If you make this Fried Stuffed Eggplant recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 large or 2 medium eggplants
- 1 cup (½ lb.) ground raw lamb
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Cut ends from eggplant.
- Do not peel.
- Scoop out center.
- Chop eggplant removed from center and fry with lamb, pepper and onion in hot digestible Crisco.
- When well cooked, add rice. Season mixture well; pack firmly in eggplant; cool.
- Cut slices about 1¼ inches thick.
- Coat with flour and slowly fry in Crisco till eggplant is tender. (Foods fried in pure, snowy Crisco are full-flavored, delicious - so digestible even children may eat them!)
- If gravy is desired, thicken fat in pan with flour.
- Add tomato juice or hot water and flavor with a little chili sauce.
- All Measurements Level.