- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water or oyster liquid
- Select large oysters
- Remove pieces of shell
- Wash and wipe dry
- Roll in well seasoned bread crumbs, which have been sifted
- Dip in egg which has been beaten with 1 tablespoon of water or oyster liquid
- Dip again in the crumbs
- Fry in deep fat
Front of the Fried Oysters recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fried Oysters recipe.
If you make this Fried Oysters recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP007 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP007 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes