Fresh Banana Bundt Cake
Fresh Banana Bundt Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fresh Banana Bundt Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fresh Banana Bundt Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fresh Banana Bundt Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Fresh Banana Bundt Cake Recipe
If you make this Fresh Banana Bundt Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1½ mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 tsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray BAKER'S JOY onto an 8 cup bundt pan.
- Cream the shortening, slowly add the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the banana, eggs, and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt, add to the first mixture and blend.
- Slowly add the sour cream and beat until well-blended.
- Spread in the pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes before inverting on rack.
- Put hot water in a small bowl and beat in the confectioners sugar until the frosting is thick enough to spread.
- Add rum.
- Continue beating a few minutes until creamy.
YIELD: 1 Bundt ring cake.