Front of Fresh Apple Cake recipe card where the owner indicates the recipe if from a publication called Champion Prize.
Back of Companion Prize Fresh Apple Cake recipe card. I need some help with method #3 if you can transcribe it please comment below so I can update the recipes to share with others.
Notation on top of "1956" and "O.K."
- 2 cups apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cake flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seeded raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Peel and core apples
- Coarsely chop and measure 1 3/4 cups of nuts into a large bowl
- Add sugar and let stand for 10 minutes
- Sift flour, measure add soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Sift again
- Blend egg and butter into mixture'
- Add flour stirring just until blended
- Pour into greased lined pan (about 8 inch square)
- Bake at 350 degrees
- Cool ten minutes
- Remove from pan
- Cool thoroughly on rack
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Fresh Apple Cake recipe.
If you make this Fresh Apple Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!