French Toasted Salmon Sandwich
French Toasted Salmon Sandwich Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for French Toasted Salmon Sandwich.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for French Toasted Salmon Sandwich was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this French Toasted Salmon Sandwich recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
French Toasted Salmon Sandwich Recipe
If you make this French Toasted Salmon Sandwich recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 1-pound can salmon
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bread
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Shortening for frying
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Combine celery, mayonnaise, onion, pickle, salt, pepper and salmon.
- Spread 6 slices of bread.
- Combine milk and eggs in a pie plate.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- Fry in hot fat on medium heat until brown on one side; turn and brown on second side. Cooking time approximately 10 minutes OR...
- Broil sandwiches by placing in broiler pan.
- Broil until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and brown on second side.