Frankfurter Cheese Casserole
Frankfurter Cheese Casserole Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Frankfurter Cheese Casserole.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Frankfurter Cheese Casserole was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Frankfurter Cheese Casserole recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Frankfurter Cheese Casserole Recipe
If you make this Frankfurter Cheese Casserole recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ¾ cup macaroni
- 6 frankfurters
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups cream-style cottage cheese (12 ounces)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- Thinly slice four of the frankfurters; set aside.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter till tender but not brown.
- Blend in flour, Worcestershire, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt, and dash pepper; add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the sliced franks, cooked macaroni, and cottage cheese; mix well.
- Turn into a 1½-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Cut remaining 2 franks diagonally into thirds; arrange atop casserole.
- Bake till heated through, 15 minutes more.
Makes 6 servings.