- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- Cookie Dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a saucepan combine flour and sugar
- Stir in water until smooth.
- Add raisins.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir and cook for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large bowl cream sugar and shortening
- Add egg and beat well
- Beat in vanilla
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into 1/8″ thickness
- Cut with floured 3″ round cookie cutters
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling on top of half the circles and top each with another circle.
- Pinch edges together and cut slit in top
- Place 2″ apart on ungreased baking sheets
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Front of the Filled Cookies recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Filled Cookies recipe.
If you make this Filled Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes