Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars was with.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, and more.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars.
Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars Recipe
If you make this Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1 cup filberts (hazelnuts) or almonds, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- 4 x 4 ounce squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- Spread nuts in shallow pan and toast at 350 degrees stirring occasionally, about 5 - 10 minutes
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, and beaten egg in a saucepan and cook over low heat until mixture thickens and becomes glossy
- Combine wafer crumbs, chocolate, and coconut
- Add the wafer mixture to the first mixture
- Pack evenly into 9" square pan
- Spread with frosting
- Cream together the butter, egg, peppermint extract, and sugar
- Mix well
- Spread and chill until the frosting is firm
- Melt the chocolate squares of chocolate and spread over frosting
- When partially set, cut into bars 1 1/4" x 3/4"