Feather Light Sponge Cake
Feather Light Sponge Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of Feather Light Sponge Cake recipe card.
The owner notated that the recipe came from Good Housekeeping Magazine which was published in 1949.
Feather Light Sponge Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of Feather Light Sponge Cake recipe card.
- Need help transcribing this method #4 – if you can make it out, please comment below so I can update the recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 012
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Feather Light Sponge Cake was with.
Click here to read the history of .
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Feather Light Sponge Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Feather Light Sponge Cake Recipe
If you make this Feather Light Sponge Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Notation on top of card "Good Housekeeping 1949"
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Eggs room temperature
- Separate eggs
- Sift flour, salt, and cream tartar four times
- Boil sugar and water over medium heat till syrup ___ a ____ (moderate oven 325 degrees)
- Beat white until they peak
- Gradually add syrup beating until mixture is light and fluffy
- Set aside to cool
- Beat yolks until thick and lemon colored
- Add rind and juice
- Fold into cool egg white mixture
- Fold in flour little at a a time
- Pour into ungreased tin tube pans
- Bake at 320 degrees for 70 minutes
- Let hang until cool
Feather Light Sponge Cake