Family Best Chicken
Family Best Chicken Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Family Best Chicken.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Family Best Chicken was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Family Best Chicken recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Family Best Chicken Recipe
If you make this Family Best Chicken recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 broiler-fryers (about 2 pounds each), cut in serving-size pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Melt butter or margarine in large shallow baking pan.
- Roll chicken pieces, one at a time, in butter or margarine to coat well, then arrange, skin side down, in single layer in pan.
- Sprinkle with onion and seasoned salt.
- Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes; turn.
- Bake 30 minutes longer, or until tender and golden.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Makes 6 servings.