Recipe for Extreme Chocoalte Pie from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Extreme Chocolate Pie Recipe
This chocoholic's bliss can be made a day in advance.
- 8 ounce package brownie mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed or 2/4 cup pasteurized eggs
- 1.45 ounce bar dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 recipe Chocolate Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread theh bottom of a greased 9=inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick, inserted near center, comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- For filling, in a meidum mixing bowl beat sugar and butter with an electric ixer on medium speed about 4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Stir in melted and cooled chocolate and the vanilla.
- Gradually add egg product, beating at low speed until combined.
- Then beat on medium to high speed, scraping sides of bowl about 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Transfer filling to prepared pie plate.
- Cover, chill for 4 to 24 hours.