Extra Light Soda Biscuits
Extra Light Soda Biscuits Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Extra Light Soda Biscuits.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Extra Light Soda Biscuits was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Extra Light Soda Biscuits recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Extra Light Soda Biscuits Recipe
If you make this Extra Light Soda Biscuits recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- Sift together  2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, [¼] ½ tsp. Arm & Hammer baking soda, and [3/8] ¾ tps. salt; cut in ⅓ cup shortening.
- Add [3/8] ¾ cup buttermilk; blend lightly with fork only until flour is moistened.
- Knead on lightly floured board about 30 seconds.
- Roll or pat out ½ inch thick; cut with floured 2-inch round cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in a 450°F. (very hot) oven 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield: about 16 biscuits.