Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake
Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake recipe card
There is a notation with the date of September 1965.
- I have not made this yet so the method needs some work. I THINK after the first baking of 15 minutes that the batter should go on top of the cherry pie filling and then bake for 30 minutes. Your thoughts?
Vintage Recipe Box 017
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake was with.
Click here to read the history of.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
If you make this Ethel’s Cherry Coffee Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Juice of 1 orange or 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar and cinnamon for top
- Cherry pie filling
- Grease 18" x 12" cookie sheet and flour
- Spread dough on the pan
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top
- Add pie filling over the sugar and cinnamon
- Bake for 15 minutes until crisp at 350 degrees
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees