Eggplant Casserole Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Eggplant Casserole.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Eggplant Casserole was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Eggplant Casserole recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Eggplant Casserole Recipe
If you make this Eggplant Casserole recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 1-inch cubes; cook in a small amount of boiling water 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well; mash.
- Saute onion and green pepper in bacon drippings.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine eggplant, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper; mix well, and add onion mixture.
- Spoon half of eggplant mixture into a greased 1½-quart casserole; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon remaining eggplant over cheese, and top evenly with picante sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Yield: 6 servings.