Front of the Dutch Apple Cake recipe card.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- apples, sliced
- Sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling on top prior to baking
- Mix and sift and work in 1/4 cup Crisco
- Bake in shallow pan and cover top with sliced apples pushed into batter
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Serve with a sauce
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Dutch Apple Cake recipe.
If you make this Dutch Apple Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!