Dandelion Greens Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Dandelion Greens.
There is a notation that this recipe is from Goldie, who is the “recipe box matriarch” of the recipe boxes numbered 1 – 8. You can read more about Goldie here at Vintage Recipe Box 1.
Vintage Recipe Box 4
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Dandelion Greens was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Dandelion Greens recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Dandelion Greens Recipe
If you make this Dandelion Greens recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 x 2 pieces of bacon, cut into chunks
- Medium onion, cut into chunk
- 3 (_) dandelions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice boiled egg
- 2x2 piece bacon - cut in chunks. (brown) cool a bit first.
- med onion - cut in chunks, add to bacon.
- Dandelions (3 qr?) (washed) - add to ____ about [1/8] cup water
- Cook about 20-30 min.
- Add beaten eggs about ½ cup milk - 1 tsp salt.
- Let boil ____ greens - take off fire - add (¼ cup?)
- (2 T?) vinegar (+ 2 T H20)
- Serve - garnish with boiled egg slices = sugg.)
- Sugg = blanche dandelions before cook.