- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- With rotary beater, beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon sugar until thick and pale
- Sift together 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar
- Gradually add 1 cup scaled milk, stirring constantly
- Cook over boiling water 10 minutes or until thick
- Slowly pour over egg
- Cook hot water 2 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Add 1/2 teaspoon butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Custard Cream Filling
Front of the Custard Cream Filling recipe card.
Back of Custard Cream Filling recipe card.
The author has the notation that this is the custard filling for Martha Washington Cake, which this Never Fail White Cake Recipes mentions this custard to include to make a Martha Washington Cake.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Custard Cream Filling recipe.
If you make this Custard Cream Filling recipe, please share your photos and comments below!