Cucumber Pepper Relish
Cucumber Pepper Relish Recipe Card Front
Front of the newspaper clipping for Cucumber Pepper Relish recipe.
There are no notations of the publication date, newspaper name, nor who submitted the recipe for publication.
There is a reference on the newspaper clipping for the Chili Sauce recipe from the Family Weekly newspaper dated September 6, 1959, which references this recipe. Therefore, I am going to assume that they were printed at the same time.
Vintage Recipe Box 001
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Cucumber Pepper Relish was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Cucumber Pepper Relish recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Cucumber Pepper Relish Recipe
If you make this Cucumber Pepper Relish recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 quart cucumbers, pared and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 tablespoon whole spice, whole
- 1 tablespoon cloves, whole
- 3 3" sticks cinnamon
- Set out a large, heavy sauce pot or kettle and 6 1/2 pint jar with covers
- Put vegetables into sauce pot
- Blend in the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, and turmeric
- Bring the mixture to boiling
- Tie spices in a spice bag
- Add spice bag to the sauce pot and set over medium heat
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile wash, sterilize, and drain the jars and covers
- Fill drained jars immediately and seal tightly
Cucumber Pepper Relish