SPAM is a brand of canned cooked pork made by Hormel Foods Corporation.
It was introduced by Hormel in 1937 and gained popularity worldwide after its use during World War II.
Resource: Wikipedia – SPAM
Crusty SPAMBake Recipe
If you make this Crusty SPAMBake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE CRUMBS
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Pineapple slices
- Melted butter
- Combine Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs, brown sugar and cloves.
- Cut SPAM crosswise into eight slices. Spread both sides of slices with mustard, then coat generously with a flavor crust of Corn Flake Crumbs mixture.
- Place SPAM and pineapple slices individually in a foil-lined shallow baking pan; do not crowd.
- Brush pineapple slices with butter.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F.) 20 minutes.
- Serve on a heater platter, placing a SPAM slice on each pineapple slice.
- Add parsley, if desired.