Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie
Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie.
Vintage Recipe Box 001
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 001 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie Recipe
If you make this Crisco’s Own Sure Pastry Method and Double Fruit Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sour cherries, drained
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed and drained
- Mix flour and salt in bowl
- Cut Crisco into flour with pastry blender or two knives until the pieces are the size of peas
- Blend together 1/3 cup of this mixture and 5 tablespoons water
- Add to remaining Crisco-flour mixture and mix with fork or fingers until dough holds together
- Shape into round flat mass
- Roll half the dough to a circle about 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick
- Line pie pan
- Trim edges to 1" beyond rim
- Add filling
- Cut remaining dough into strips 1" wide
- Weave strips together
- Place on top of fruit
- Fold pasty over edges and crimp
- Mix together ingredients
- Add filling to pie crust
- Bake in hot oven at 425 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes (or until crust is brown)