Creamy Autumn Potatoes
Creamy Autumn Potatoes Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Creamy Autumn Potatoes.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Creamy Autumn Potatoes was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Creamy Autumn Potatoes recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Creamy Autumn Potatoes Recipe
If you make this Creamy Autumn Potatoes recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Ore-Ida Frozen Chopped Onions
- ½-1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 ½ ounce) condensed cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (3 ounce) cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 3-4 cups frozen Ore-Ida Southern Style hash Browns*
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (may also use Mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- In 1-quart sauce pan, saute in butter over medium heat, the frozen Ore-Ida Chopped Onions and garlic until tender.
- Stir in undiluted soup and cream cheese cubes; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and hot.
- In casserole, alternately layer frozen potatoes and hot cream cheese sauce ending with a sauce layer.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Yield: 4-5 servings
*May also be prepared with Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien