Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Cream of Broccoli Soup.
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Cream of Broccoli Soup.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Cream of Broccoli Soup was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
If you make this Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1½ lb cut up broccoli
- 4½ cup water
- 1 med onion
- 1 lg stalk celery chopped [¾ cup]
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp instant chicken bouillion
- dash nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Heat 2 cups water to boiling & add broccoli.
- Cook until tender, do not drain.
- Put broccoli mixture in blender until uniform consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan heat butter until melted, stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth & bubbly, remove from heat & stir in 2½ cups water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil & stir 1 min.
- Stir in broccoli mixture, bouillion, salt, pepper & nutmeg.
- Heat to boiling.
- Stir in cream, heat, but do not boil.
- Top with grated cheese if desired.