- 2 cups corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons lard, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sweet milk
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Add the egg, lard, and milk
- Bake at 400 degrees until done
Front of the Cornbread recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Cornbread recipe.
If you make this Cornbread recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes