- 10 cups corn
- 10 cups cabbage
- 5 red peppers
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons mustard, ground
- 1/2 gallon vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- Mix flour, turmeric, and ground mustard with enough water to form a paste
- Mix with other ingredients
- Boil for 30 minutes
- Add to canning jars ad seal while hot
Front of the Corn Salad recipe card with a notation at the bottom that says “momma” – I wonder if this is Goldie’s mom or her mother-in-law who gave the recipe to her son and daughter-in-law.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Corn Salad recipe.
If you make this Corn Salad recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes