Coleslaw Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Coleslaw.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Coleslaw was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Coleslaw recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
If you make this Coleslaw recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shred cabbage fine and fast this way:
- Quarter, then core head.
- Holding one piece at a time on board, slice down through leaves, alternating sides, to make thin even shreds.
- Place shredded cabbage in a big bowl; sprinkle with sugar and toss - just enough to mix.
- Cover bowl, then tuck in the refrigerator for half an hour to crisp and mellow cabbage.
- Mix lemon juice, mayonnaise or salad dressing, and cream in a cup; pour over just before serving.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss with two spoons until shreds are coated.