Coconut Pound Cake
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe for Coconut Pound Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Coconut Pound Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Coconut Pound Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
If you make this Coconut Pound Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 cup shortening or oleo
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teasapoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups angel flake coconut
- Cream sugar and oleo until fluffy and all sugar grains have dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Fold in flavoring.
- Combine and sift the dry ingredients.
- Add alternately to batter with milk. (Begin and end with flour.)
- Fold in coconut.
- Bake in a greased tube pan at 350 degrees for about one hour.
- Test for doneness.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, ½ cup water, 1 teaspoon each of butter or oleo, lemon extract and butter extract.
- Pour over cake while it is hot.