Coconut Pound Cake
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Coconut Pound Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Coconut Pound Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Coconut Pound Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
If you make this Coconut Pound Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- ½ teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can angel flake coconut
- Cream shortening and sugar well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add all dry ingredients at once and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Add flavoring and stir in coconut.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan for 1-hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- A glaze of one cup sugar and ½-cup water brought to a boil and boiled for one minute, then removed from fire before addition of one teaspoon coconut flavoring may be poured on the cake while hot.