Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake
Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake was with.
Click here to view all of
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2¾ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolated-flavored syrup
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and vanilla, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat until just blended.
- Set aside 1¾ cups batter. Spoon remaining batter into a greased-and-floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Add ¼ teaspoon baking soda to chocolate syrup.
- Blend into reserved batter.
- Spoon batter in pan. Using a narrow spatula, gently swirl through batter in pan.
- Do not mix.
- Bake at 350° for 65 to 70 minutes or until cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.