Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers
Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers Recipe Card Front
Front of the Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers recipe card.
Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers Recipe Card Back
Back of the Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Pistachio Nut Layers recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 cup oleo
- 3 1/2 ounce package pistachio flavored instant pudding
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons oleo
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 1/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat 1/2 cup oleo until light and fluffy
- Beat in dry pudding mix and milk
- Gradually beat in the 2 cups of confectioners sugar until fluffy
- Spread evenly in ungreased 11" x 7" x 2" baking pan
- Chill until firm (about 1 hour)
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate morsels and the 2 tablespoons of oleo
- Remove from heat
- Blend in cream cheese and vanilla
- Stir in remaining 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Fold in whipped topping
- Spread on top of pudding mix layer
- Freeze until firm
- Cut into 1" squares
- Dip in nuts to coat bottom and side of chocolate layer
- Cover and store in refrigerator