Chocolate Mousse Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Mousse.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Mousse was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Mousse recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Mousse recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate bits
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup C and H Golden Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Brown Sugar Cream
- Sliced almonds
- Combine chocolate, water and sugar in top of double boiler. Heat over simmering water till chocolate is melted.
- Beat till smooth.
- Beat egg yolks with vanilla; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Beat eggs whites till stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Chill 3 hours.
- Serve topped with Brown Sugar Cream sprinkled with almonds.
Brown Sugar Cream
- Whip 1 cup of whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of C and H Golden Brown Sugar until stiff.
Makes 6 servings, ½ cup each.