Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert
Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert.
Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Lady Finger Dessert recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 lady fingers, split
- 1 cup prepared whipped topping
- Fresh or canned fruit slices
- Sprinkle gelatin onto cold water and set aside
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a small saucepan
- Gradually stir in skim milk
- Beat egg yolks slightly and add to saucepan
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture just begins to boil
- Remove from heat
- Stir in gelatin and vanilla
- Transfer to a bowl and chill, stirring occasionally until mixture mounds from a spoon
- Carefully fold whipping topping into chocolate mixture
- Meanwhile line sides and bottom of a 1 quart straight sides dish with aluminum foil arrange lady finger around sides and bottom
- Pour in chocolate mixture
- Cover and chill until firm
- Carefully unmold from dish
- Peel off foil
- Slice and service with fresh fruit