Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Chocolate Chunk Brownies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Chunk Brownies.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Chunk Brownies was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Chunk Brownies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Chunk Brownies Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Chunk Brownies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate *
- 1⅓ cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbls. sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- *Or use 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, cutting 2 of the squares into chunks.
- Cut ½ package of the chocolate into large chunks.
- Mix flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan; add sugar.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and 2/3 cup coconut.
- Spread in greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining chocolate in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly; stir in sour cream.
- Spread over top of brownies.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Chill until firm, about ten minutes.
- Cut into squares.