Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vintage Recipe Box 90 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- ½ cup softened shortening
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon water
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Beat shortening, sugars, vanilla, water, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour with soda and salt; blend into shortening mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chips.
- Drop 2 inches apart from teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.