Chocolate Cherry Mousse
Vintage Recipe Box 96 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Mousse was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Chocolate Cherry Mousse Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Cherry Mousse.
Chocolate Cherry Mousse Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Chocolate Cherry Mousse.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Chocolate Cherry Mousse Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Cherry Mousse recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 tsp strong coffee beverage
- 1 egg, separated
- dash salt
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp almond ext
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped
- 1½ cup chopped fresh sweet cherries
- Combine chocolate, coffee & butter.
- Heat over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar & salt, beat until stiff.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture with almond extract.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture, then fold in cherries.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Note: Strong coffee for recipe may be prepared by dissolving ½ tsp instant coffee in 4 tsp hot water.