Chocolate Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Arm & Hammer or Cow Brand Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Sift together 2 cups sifted flour, 1 tsp. Arm & Hammer or Cow Brand Baking Soda, ½ tsp. salt.
- Combine ¼ cup vinegar, ½ cup milk, 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Beat 2 eggs with 1⅓ cups sugar 1 min. (125 strokes).
- Add flour mixture, ½ cup shortening (emulsifier type) and ½ of liquid. Stir until flour is moistened.
- Beat vigorously 1 min.
- Add remaining liquid and beat 1 min. Fold in 1 pkg. chocolate bits.
- Bake in 2 greased 8" layer pans, 1¼" deep at 375°F. (mod. oven) 25 to 30 minutes
- Top with chocolate frosting.