Front of the Chipped Beef recipe card. The type on the card is very faded and fortunately through photo processing, the type is darker and easier to read.
- Chipped Beef
- White bread, cut in small squares
- 1 pint of milk
- 2 eggs
- First, frizzle the torn beef
- In butter sift required amount of flour over this
- Stirring well until meat is well coated
- Then add the milk and still until smooth and nicely thickened
- Cook at least 10 minutes slowly
- Cut white bread in small squares
- Place in buttered casserole first a layer of bread cubes, then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat making 4 layers in all, having top layer of cheese
- Make a custard of 1 pint of milk, 2 eggs slightly beaten, and salt & pepper
- Pour this over the bread and cheese mix and bake 1 hour in a slow oven – 325 – for 1 hour
- Shortly before pudding is done make creamed chipped beef and pour over serving of the pudding
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chipped Beef recipe.
If you make this Chipped Beef recipe, please share your photos and comments below!