Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chiffon Cake.
Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Chiffon Cake.
Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Second Card
Second card of the recipe card for Chiffon Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 31
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chiffon Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 31 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chiffon Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chiffon Cake Recipe
If you make this Chiffon Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 1/8 cups sifted cake flour
- [-1 cup minutes 2 tablespoons.]
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mazola salad oil
- 3/8 cup water, ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoons each-vanilla; lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup egg whites about (4) over
- Mix & sift first four ingredients.
- Make a well and add mazola, water, egg yolks & flavoring.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites.
- Beat until egg white sform very stiff peaks.
- Gently fold first mixture into egg whites until well blended.
- Fold do not stir.
- Turn batter into ungreased 9" tube pan.
- Bake in moderate oven 325 degrees about 1 hour or until cake springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- Immediately turn pan upside down placing tube over neck of bottle.
- Let hanf free of table until cold to remove from pan.
- Loosen with spatula.
- To 1 cups of sifted confectioners sugar.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 3½ tablespoons juice from crushed berries.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread over top and sides of cake.
Orange icing -
- Substitute orange juice for berry juice in above recipe.
- Add 1 teaspoon grated orange rind.