- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 - 3 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Onion flakes (optional)
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 package herb dressing (Mrs Cubbison's)
- Beat together until thoroughly combined cream cheese and butter
- Add lemon pepper, chicken, mushrooms, celery, and nuts (onion flakes if you want)
- Lay out triangles of crescent rolls
- Fill center of each with chicken mixture
- Fold corners in a diaper fold
- Punch edge
- Dip in melted butter and roll in dressing crumbs
- Bake in an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake at 275 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes
- Serve with chicken gravy
Front of the Chicken Rolls recipe card. The owner notates that this recipe was given to her by Marcella. Ah Marcella, another friend donating to this collection of recipes.
I am not sure how old this chicken roll recipe is but Mrs. Cubbinson’s was started in 1948 so the recipe is “younger” than pre-1948.
The back of the Chicken Rolls recipe. On the back she mentions at the bottom of the recipe card “cream of chicken IMO” and on the side “cream of chicken plus milk for gravy and Pillsbury Crescent.”
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chicken Rolls recipe.
If you make this Chicken Rolls recipe, please share your photos and comments below!