Cherry Chocolate Cake
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
Other Vintage Dessert Recipes
Vintage Recipe Box 37 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Cherry Chocolate Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 37 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Cherry Chocolate Cake.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you make this Cherry Chocolate Cake recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups cake flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and flour pan.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and almond extract and beat well.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- By hand, stir the cake flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the cherry pie filling.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.