Cereal Pineapple Cake
Cereal Pineapple Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Cereal Pineapple Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Cereal Pineapple Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Cereal Pineapple Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Cereal Pineapple Cake Recipe
If you make this Cereal Pineapple Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 can (1 pound 4½ ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (18 to 20 ounces) yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup soft butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups ready-to-eat high protein cereal, uniformly crushed to make ¾ cup crumbs
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple well.
- Combine ½ cup crushed pineapple juice and save for frosting.
- Pour remaining pineapple juice into measuring cup and add enough water to make one cup liquid.
- Combine cake mix, ¼ cup butter or margarine, eggs, and the one cup of liquid in mixer bowl; beat as directed on cake mix package.
- Stir cereal crumbs and remaining drained crushed pineapple into cake batter.
- Pour into two greased and floured eight-inch square pans.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) until done, about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pans on rack 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pants.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining four teaspoons butter or margarine, mixture of ½ cup crushed pineapple, two tablespoons pineapple juice, and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat until fluffy. Spread on warm cake.