Vintage Recipe Box 95 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Carrot Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 95 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Carrot Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Carrot Cake.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Carrot Cake Recipe
If you make this Carrot Cake recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1½ tsp. Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cup oil (I use 1 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- 2½ oz. Crushed Pineapple (drained)
- ½ cup Chopped Nuts (Walnuts)
- [1 cup raisins]
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, oil and eggs and mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple and nuts.
- Turn into 3 greased and floured 9" layer pans.
- Bake at 350° 35-40 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes in pan, then turn out and cool on wire racks.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream ½ cup margarine, 8 oz pkg cream cheese, 1 Tablespoon Vanilla.
- Beat in 1 lb Confect. sugar - if too thick add milk.